Welcome Forums Playlists Warped for 2006

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Streed_303
    Participant

Before the month of January ends, there is a LOT of new music here on the RPM shelf to listen to and play. Check it out!

AFX “Hangable Auto Bulb” Warp

Ian Allen “Nova’s Lounge” Mia Mind Music

Audio Bullys “Generation” Astralwerks

Banig “Walk” Double Play

Boards of Canada “The Campfire Headphase” Warp

Caural “Remembering Today” Mush

Jackson And His Computer Band “Smash” Warp

Jel “WMD / All Around EP” Anticon

Jen “Mellow Drama” Poet1

Larry Kucharz “Ambient Green Washes” International Audiochrome

GD Luxxe “Make” Tigerbeat6

Matisyahu “King Without A Crown” jDub

Mozez “So Still” Apace Music

My Life With “Gay, Black, and Married” Rykodisc
    The Thrill Kill Kult

Phon.o “Burning Down The Town” Tigerbeat6

Anoushka Shankar “Rise – Remixes” Angel

Ellee Ven “Project 11 vol. 2” Hot Sauce

VHS or Beta “ You Got Me” (remixes) Astralwerks

Various “DJ Cam Revisited” Recall

Various “Go Commando With James F!@#$%^ Friedman” Defend Music

Various “Senor Coconut Presents Essay Recordings
    Legendary Latin Club Tunes”

Various “The Now Sound of Brazil 2” Ziriguiboom / Six Degrees

OK, this is a lot to review but, just a couple of comments of a few things that are really doing it for me…

Right now, the biggest news is that we now have service from Warp again!!!! That means we now have the latest releases by AFX, Boards of Canada, and Jackson And His Computer Band. These three are really good, but give Jackson a spin… Sort of glitchy, but accessably familiar… BTW FCC on #5

Go Commando With James F!@#$%^ Friedman is the …. Well, it starts of with a remix of Annie’s “Me Plus One”. It plays out as a continuous DJ set and is drenching with one heck of a vibe. If you’ve been listening to my shows recently, you can understand my excitement.

Interesting release is the Ian Allen. NFL star plays electronic lounge jazz. I guess it keeps his ying and yang in check but it is rather good…

Last year I fell in love with the Balkan Beat Box. JDub records also have Hesidic reggae-rapper Matisyahu. I have the single “King Without A Crown” on the shelf. Give it some support and love before he becomes the next big thing.

Speaking of ‘next big thing’ Baby Daddy (of the Scissor Sister’s fame) remixes a track by VHS or Beta – worth a listen.

Interesting side step is the Thrill Kill Kult’s ‘Gay’ album. Its a disco release, but it falls a liittle short. Sure there is a Peter Brown cover, but I was expecting more – commisioning legendary disco session musicians (sort of like what King Britt does) or at least using real strings would’ve made it great. Still not bad. High on the sexual content, but nothing to alarm the FCC about…

And I can’t forget, RPM fave Ellee Ven has some fresh remixes for 2006 in Project 11 vol. 2. Funky Bohemia’s “Time and Trial” gets redone while you can get your ears accustomed to the new track Vascillation.

This is the tip of the iceberg for January’s new releases, please listen and love them, I hope some of these do not get lost.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.