Welcome Forums Playlists March 2006 New RPM

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Streed_303
    Participant

I can’t believe that March is almost over! Anyway, check out the new releases to the WCNI RPM shelves.

Herb Alpert’s Tijuana Brass Re-Whipped Shout Factory
    Badawi Safe Asphodel
    Blondie vs. The Doors Rapture Riders (Single) Capitol
    Caroline Murmers Temporary Residence
    Gecko Turner Guapapasea Quango
    Hot Chip Over And Over (single) Astralwerks
    Marconi Union Distance Rykodisc
    Nightmares on Wax In A Space Outta Here Warp
    William Orbit Hello Waveforms Sanctuary
    Royksopp Night Out EP Astralwerks
    Alif Tree French Cuisine Compost
    Vargo Beauty Sounds True
    Various DJ Kicks – the exclusives K7!
    Various Idol Tryouts Two Ghostly International
    Various Nublu Sampler Nublu
    Various Traveler 06 Six Degrees

Last month, Sergio Mendez got the remix treatment, well, it was only logical to do the same for Herb Alpert. I found some of the remixes too slow for my tastes, but, they do work in an elecro-lounge set.

Speaking on downtempo, check out the releases by Nightmares on Wax, Alif Tree, Badawi, and William Orbit. Nightmrea treads into the soulful hip hop realm. Alif Tree is downtempo jazzyness with a French vibe. Badawi, is none other than Raz Mesinai – the man who came out with the Ladyman release last year – this release, Safe features strings and low brass over Indian influenced tracks. And lastly, William Orbit’s Hello Waveforms, fills in more ambient / downtempo areas. Yes, Orbit was the one who worked with Madonna on her Ray of Light album, even though Waveforms fills different sonic territory, you can still hear certain signatures that made Ray of Light so good.

The rest of the releases are self explanitory… Just a note, Six Degrees Traveler 06 seems to be more dance friendly then some of their other releases.

I can’t forget the Gecko Turner is another world hybrid thing. Check out his take on Subterranean Homesick Blues…

Stay tuned, I’ve got more stuff coming in April…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.