Welcome Forums Playlists A few new things

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Streed_303
    Participant

Just a quick note to let you know whats happening on the RPM shelves in the WCNI music library.

First, from Rhino Records, we have the compilation “Adapt or Die” Ten years of remixes from Everything But The Girl. Has it been ten years?! OMGoodness! Most of you may remember the song “Missing” ‘And I miss you, like the deserts miss the rain…’ A true crossover tune. Its ‘original’ version was borderline easy listening. But, then there was the Todd Terry remix that blew it up on the dancefloor. On this compilation (from our good friends at Rhino) there are remixes from the likes of DJ Jazzy Jeff, AdamF, King Britt, and yes Todd Terry. So, there is a little bit of something for everyone.

Speaking of something for everyone… We’ve got the compilation “The Kings of Funk” – featuring selections picked by the RZA and Keb Darge. If you are a fan of either of these two, this is worth a listen. There is some unearthed funk treasures to enjoy. From Harlem Underground’s take on ‘Ain’t No Sunshine’ (with one badazz break!) to some more obscure tracks by Booker T & the MGs, Sly & the Family Stone, and MSFB to name a few. So, if you are an ‘old waver’; ‘new waver’; ‘no waver’; ‘hold down the shop with your seeburg 500’, ‘take us to the highest pleasure’ or whatever – this disc is a resource worth your listen! Electronic? Heck, its just plain inspirational.

And last, my pick for music theory students – Larry Kucharz is back! Last year, Mr. Kucharz gave us electronic interpretations of early choral music. Now, with Bridge Mix 37, he gives us an assortment of electronica. Call it ‘listening techno’ or whatever, it is really good – and varied. Its ok, you can dance to it if you want. I won’t look. Just turn it up loud.

And thats it for now. I know more music will be coming soon. Keep playing and listening to all the great programming we have to offer here at WCNI New London!

http://www.bbemusic.com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.